Connect to Support

Search results showing for '' in the Information and advice section

Care home

Return to village

Are you finding it difficult to cope at home?

There are lots of ways to make life easier at home, help you stay independent and might help you stay where you are. These include adaptations, equipment, assistive technology, home support and other care services.

Link to support to live at home (new page).

Alternatively you can get help to move to another home – see the ‘What options are there for housing and accommodation?’ section below.

What options are there for housing and accommodation?

If you are considering living somewhere different there are a number of options that you might like to consider.

Link to social care housing options (new page)

How do I find out about care homes in Kirklees?

How do I choose a care home?

There will be many factors that you should consider when choosing a care home including:

  • Quality of care – all care homes must be registered with the Care Quality Commissioning (CQC). They check these organisations are meeting government standards. Find the latest inspection reports on the CQC website.
  • Experiences of others – the NHS choices website includes the option of leaving comments and star ratings – see what others have said about their experience and add your own.
  • Location – if it is near to family and friends

Cost – see the ‘care home charges’ section below

How do I know a care home is ok?

The Care Quality Commission (CQC)

CQC monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet standards of quality and safety and then publish what they find, including performance ratings to help people choose care.

Paying for a care home

Care home charges

Link to care home page ‘how much it costs’ (new page)

Worried about someone

If you are concerned about the way you are being treated, or witness or suspect abuse or neglect please contact:

If you are concerned that a vulnerable person living in Kirklees is being abused you should call and speak to Gateway to care.

Email secure.gatewaytocare@kirklees.gcsx.gov.uk

Visit us Gateway to care contacts

Write to us Kirklees Council, Safeguarding Adults, 3rd Floor Kirkgate Building, Huddersfield, HD1 1BY

Telephone 01484 414933 to report abuse open 24 hours a day.

You may also be interested to learn about the Dignity in Care campaign in Kirklees. Dignity in Care

What is continuing health care funding?

NHS continuing health care is free care for people who have significant and ongoing health care needs. It’s often referred to as CHC funding.