Connect to Support

Please review and correct the information below.

Adult social care advice

Get help to choose the right product or service for you.

Choosing the right support and care provider

For help choosing the right care and support for you please contact Kirklees Council, Gateway to Care - (Opens in a new window), where an Information and Access Officer will be happy to help.

For help understanding the information about providers and tips on what to look out for please see our buyers guide - choosing the right support for you.

Choosing the right products

For help and advice on the right products for you, please see our assistive technology factsheets - (Opens in a new window).

To speak to an advisor please contact Kirklees Council, Gateway to Care - (Opens in a new window).

Finding the right equipment can make life easier for you. Visit our virtual house and select the room that you think you may need some help in.

Finding out about ways to pay

You may be entitled to a personal budget to help with paying for your care and support needs, depending on your circumstances. To arrange an assessment, please contact Kirklees Council Gateway to Care - (Opens in a new window).

You can also pay direct on this website by PayPal, credit or debit card or by cash or cheque depending on the provider, products or services you are ordering.

Kirklees Council has been working with Pre-paid Financial Services (PFS) to develop the pre-paid card - a flexible, fast and convenient way to manage your direct payments. You can use it to pay for services that meet your needs and outcomes as agreed in your support plan. You can also load money on your card to pay your assessed contribution, if applicable.

A pre-paid card is just like a traditional bank account, but without a cheque book. It is not a credit or debit card so you can only spend up to the balance on the card.The card can be used in the same way as a traditional bank account. So you can use it to pay your personal assistant(s) wages directly into their bank account or you can set up regular payments using standing orders or direct debit.

Here are some frequently asked questions about the card.

Making a comment, compliment or complaint

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Adult social care advice

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety

Kirklees survey

Close window

Kirklees Council value your feedback so they can improve this website for you. Please take part in this short 2 minute survey by clicking on the button below.


Close window

Do you want to leave feedback about:

Fill out my online form.
Fill out my online form.
Fill out my online form.
Fill out my online form.
Fill out my online form.
Back to top